Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update from Piers

Having planned a night walk last week, and found that I was surprisingly psyched up/nervous/whatever-causes-butterflies about it, we had to call it off due to unforeseen circumstances. However, now I think I've got my torch working properly and invested a full £3.99 in my own headtorch (instead of my son's) - I think I'm ready to hit a night walk for real. Did I mention that in packing everything I'd forgotten my map?!!

Instead, Cliff and I walked in the bright, Saturday morning sunshine, marching from Tunbridge Wells to somewhere in Hildenborough. The total distance had not been worked out, but we knew we had 4 hours to walk in, so we simply set out for just under 2hrs and then returned. The result was 15.3miles with a total of 10mins break (averaging just over 4mph over the entire walk), and my lower right leg suddenly became quite painful!

Lessons learned: take a scheduled stop earlier; remember that your body is fallible; seek physio advice.

I have now had a session with the physio and done a 4 mile (?) cycle ride. I have another appointment with the physio on Monday, followed by an 8 mile walk with Cliff that evening. Let's see how it all goes.


Fundraising Update

Two local Nepalese Restaurants, the Co-op and a local photography shop have kindly agreed to sponsor us with help producing an alternative Treasure Map (restricted to our school, Cliff's church and a group I help with). This has come out very well and we look forward to seeing many squares sponsored (£2 each) on our way to raising the team's minimum goal of £2000.

We also have some t-shirts planned, thanks to a local small business. Photos to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment