Sunday, April 19, 2009

Piers on the Blog



Blog from Piers R-S:

What a fantastic walk on this our second get-together as a whole group!

The weather was kind, i.e. it didn't rain, the wind played its part (Stevie considered bringing a kite next time) and the sun tried hard (ahh!).

We're all trying out different bits of equipment and seeing what works - I've crossed bare feet off the list now. I tested crisps...honestly, they kept me going for another hour and were a helpful alternative to banana, apple, satsuma, etc. Oh, and I've got a water bladder thing that goes in my rucksack (I already had the rucksack and so spent the day before sewing a clip into it to hold the bladder - v. good if I say so myself!).

That reminds me - no plugging here, but...as we trudged (no, lithely skipped) uphill at one point I had a moment of revelation: on Stevie's backpack in front of me I noticed the make, like mine, Karrimor. I suddenly realised (after 30 years) that it was like: carry + more !!!!!!! Now Jules who's into marketing knows what he's up against - not surprising major companies spend millions on getting their message across!

Must be time for some exercise soon (besides finger-tapping on the keyboard) - I'll try a run tomorrow for variety (and because I don't usually like running any distance). Really looking forward to our next group walk, possibly in the dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment