Sunday, April 19, 2009

14 weeks to go - training is now serious

The 14 week prescribed training period started Easter weekend. Oxfam have 3 streams of training schedule they have provided us in their notes. I will be taking the intermediate stream (which I am already a little ahead of so I'll be adding 10 mins of running to each of the suggested runs from the start.)

Again - it's not the speed of the run but the time taken that matters. "They" say that if you can't hold a conversation during the run then you're running too fast and in danger of injury.

Training builds through 3 phases - Phase 1 (week 1-4) builds basic fitness, Phase 2 (week 5-10) builds strength and endurance, Phase 3 (week 11-14) is a peak and taper where I'll drop back on the training for the 2 weeks leading up to the event.

100k, 4 men, ascent similar to that of Ben Nevis - within 30 hours!

I'll keep you posted! Feel free to sponsor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment